Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Playing catch up!

It's been a crazy month! To sum up, In the last few weeks, I went home for a visit, I moved, and we've been working like mad on creating our shoe design business (coming soon!).

To start at the beginning... my trip home! There have been years when I have had to go home several times, for some happy and some sad occasions. This year, there wasn't a happy occasion, but 3! There is a new Nephew to meet, my mom bought a new condo that needed to be seen and my oldest sister and her family were home from living in South East Asia for the last year, and it was her son's 2nd birthday. So home I went.

It was lovely. It was also the first time in a very long time all 4 of us siblings have been in the same place at the same time. It's really sad no one thought to get a picture! I think we're all looking at the 4 nephews instead!

Anyway, among all the family time my sister and my mom and I went to my Aunt's Jo Ellen's store Coco and Toulouse go shopping, which also had just moved into a new home. A beautiful new space next door to her clothing boutique, Coco gets Dressed. Her stores always inspire me.. It's so fun to see the things that captured her eye and imagination when she was buying. And I always love seeing how she puts it all together. It was such a treat to get to spend some time with her!

I also got to sneak in a visit to my friend Elizabeth Dye's store, The English Dept. Her store and her dresses are also an endless well for delight and inspiration. Even if your not planning a wedding, it's really fun to see what she's been up to.


And then just like that it was time to come home to New York. My visit was way too short, there were still so many people I wanted to see and just get to know Portland again, the city itself feels like it grew up since I moved away. It was a great trip and I returned home to Brooklyn, very early in the morning, and already homesick... but really inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment